I attended MSDN Seminar 2011 in Hong Kong last night. Around 100 IT guys attended the seminar; Microsoft had 3 speakers to speak in the event.
The seminar covered the following highlights:
- Internet Explorer 9
- Ryan from Microsoft emphasized the support & performance of IE9 on HTML5
- Side-by-side compare IE9 and Google Chrome in Fish Bowl HTML5 benchmark in Internet Explorer Test Drive
- Pin site function
- Use Profiling tool in F12 Development Tool to diagnose which scripts spend resources most
- WebMatrix – the free web development tool for Windows
- Can be downloaded from official website
- Finally released its RTM version
- Ryan shows its easiness to use
- Microsoft Surface 2.0
- SDK is not ready yet ( will be ready in summer 2011 )
- Introduced the specifications, e.g. 50-point multi-touch, recognition of MS Tag, PixelSense, gesture detection with Vision System, etc.
- future apps can be written in WPF + XNA + Silverlight
- Kinect SDK updates
- Kinect SDK will soon be launched
- Highlighted Skeletal Tracking , and advanced audio capabilities such as voice recognition, position detection with 4-microphone array & beam formation
- UI Coded Test in Visual Studio 2010
- UI Coded Test can help web developers to learn which components use resource most
- Next version of Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Faster ( memory optimization )
- Fast application resume user experience ( Application Resume UX )
- Background notification ( e.g. alarm , reminders , etc )
- Background transfer service ( <20MB uses 3G , >= 20MB uses Wi-Fi )
- Background music ( HTML5 audio elements will bind with Zune to play music in background )
- Support of accelerometer , gyroscope & compass
- Support of PhotoCamera API and Silverlight 4 WebCam API in SDK
- 16 more languages support
- Will be released at the end of 2011
- Release of free Microsoft Marketplace Tokens
Last , the event does not mention anything about Microsoft Azure .
You must log in to post a comment.