posted on 28 Sep, 2011 11:29 Browser
Mozilla released a major update on its browser software Firefox . The latest version of Firefox is 7.0 .
New features are as follow :
- [Performance] Drastically improved memory handling for certain use cases
- [Performance] Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
- [Features] Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync
- [User Interface] The ‘http://’ URL prefix is now hidden by default
- [CSS3] Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- [Features] Added support for the Web Timing specification
- [Features] Enhanced support for MathML
- [Performance] The WebSocket protocol has been updated from version 7 to version 8
- [Reporting] Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox
- [Bugfix] Fixed several stability issues
- [Bugfix] Fixed several security issues
Read more for download links.
Google Chrome 14 is now available. It consists of the following features:
- Web Audio API : It allows developers to add more spectacular effects such as room simulation & spatialization
- Native Client : C and C++ can now be seamlessly be rendered in Google Chrome . However , applications have to first be listed in Google Web Store ( which this limitation will be removed later ) .
- ( Mac OS X Lion only ) Overlay Scrollbars : To align with the user interface of Lion , scrollbars will only appear when scrolling
- ( Mac OS X Lion only ) Full Screen mode : Same for Overlay Scrollbars , the full screen mode of Chrome 14 will make use of new full screen mode provided by Lion .
It’s about the time for Internet Explorer 6 (IE6), a 10-year-old browser, to retire.
Microsoft created a website, The Internet Explorer 6 Countdown , to illustrate the percentage of population still using IE6. From the statistics, China is the world’s leading IE6 usage country ( 33.6% of population is using IE6 ), probably due to the use of pirated Windows and unable to update their browsers as Windows Genuine Advantage blocks the way.
Yes, Raptor Talks suggest all the visitors to upgrade to latest Internet Explorer version, or even better, switch to Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox . This site does not support Internet Explorer 6 .
posted on 23 Jun, 2011 09:21 Browser
Firefox 5 has just released .
Compared with Firefox 4, not much new features have been introduced , but there is a Sync function to allow users to sync settings between various Firefox ( either desktop / mobile ) in different devices.
Also, there are performance & rendering improvements . Here are some benchmarking and test results. Firefox 5 scores…
- scores 97 / 100 in Acid3 browser test
- scores 4201 in V8 Benchmark Suite (compared with Google Chrome 12 : 8867 )
Anyway, to get Firefox 5 , follow the link here ( various platforms supported )
p.s. please be noted that your plug-ins (such as Google Toolbar) in use may not support this new version . So , if you rely on plug-in a lot , please don’t update your browser until updated plug-in version is released .
Google Chrome is evolving quick . Just released version 12 .
The new version includes:
- Hardware accelerated 3D CSS
- New safe browsing protection against downloading malicious files
- Ability to delete Flash cookies inside Chrome
- Launch apps by name from the Omnibox
- Integrated Sync into new settings pages
- Improved screen reader support
- (Mac only) New warning when hitting Cmd-Q
- P2P API ( can toggle in about:flags page )
- Existing tab on foreground on open
- Experimental new tab page ( can toggle in about:flags page )
- Add grouping on context menu ( can toggle in about:flags page )
- Run PPAPI (Pepper Plugin API) Flash in renderer process ( can toggle in about:flags page )
- Multiple profiles ( can toggle in about:flags page )
- Removed Google Gears
- Print & Save in PDF viewer
To download new Google Chrome, either open Google Chrome > Options > About Google Chrome or download it here .
posted on 27 Mar, 2011 23:03 Browser
Where is Check for Update , Download Progress, Status Bar, … ? or you got a question about Firefox 4 ? ask here !