posted on 16 May, 2013 17:35 Google
Here is the Summary of Google I/O 2013
1. Google Cloud Messaging now supports persistent connections, upstream messaging and notifications synchronization across devices.
2. New location-based APIs, including the new low-power Location Provider, Geofancing and Activity Recognition.
3. New cross-platform game services.
4. Google Play Music All Access (in US only).
5. The new Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
6. New Android developer tool – Google Studio.
7. New Google Play user interface.
8. New Checkout button to make shopping on smartphone easier.
9. New Google Play for Education to help educators find apps and books more easily.
10. New interface for Google+, it can now even add hashtag automatically to your stories.
11. Google Hangouts is now an independent, cross-platform (iOS, Android, Web) communication app.
12. Desktop Chrome will support voice command function soon (release date unconfirmed).
13. Google Now has a new update that helps users find out more useful information on transportation and entertainment.
14. New photo editing features on Google+: Auto Enhance, Auto Awesome and Highlights.
15. New Google Maps interface to suit mobile users.
1. Change from one extension to another
To change all files in the directory from .log to .bak :
for f in *.log; do mv $f `basename $f .log`.bak; done;
2. Add an extension to all files
To add .doc in all files in the directory:
for f in *; do mv $f `basename $f `.doc; done;
3. Remove an extension from all files
To remove file extensions in the directory:
for f in *.xls; do mv $f `basename $f .xls`; done;
posted on 10 May, 2013 17:31 Announcement
We have just launched a new tutorial site in Facebook , teaching HTML & CSS : https://www.facebook.com/css.class
posted on 11 Sep, 2012 12:07 SQL Server 2008
You may probably encounter the following message when you try to alter your table:
Here is the way to solve it:
Navigate to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio’s Menu > Tools > Options > Designers > Untick “Prevent saving changes that require table re-creation ( see screenshot below )
posted on 29 Aug, 2012 11:15 Ubuntu Linux
In Ubuntu, with an incorrect locale settings, you may encounter such error ( or similar ones ) when you are using bash :
warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale ( en_HK.UTF-8 )
This is caused by an incorrect settings of locales.
To solve the error, issue the following commands ( remember to replace the locale value with your favorite locale ) :
sudo locale-gen en_HK.UTF-8
sudo update-locale LANG=en_HK.UTF-8
If things work well, the error will be vanished. One extra thing to do is to configure the LC_ALL parameter permanently in settings file.
Edit /etc/default/locale, add or modify the following line:
Save it and the error will be gone permanently.
posted on 29 Aug, 2012 11:07 Ubuntu Linux
Applies To : RedHat , Fedora , Ubuntu , Debian
By default, most SSH servers have set a timeout to disconnect idle clients. After idling for some time, your connection is disconnected and you will see the following message :
Read from remote host raptor.hk: Connection reset by peer
Connection to raptor.hk closed.
In order to keep your connection “alive”, you can either set it on client-side or server-side :
You can add / modify the following line in /etc/ssh/ssh_config , if you do not have administrative rights in the SSH server.
This line means SSH client will send keep alive signal every 100 seconds, so that server will treat you are still alive.
To make the keep alive settings available for all connecting clients, it is recommended to configure the settings in server side.
Modify the /etc/ssh/sshd_config and add the following lines :
After setting this, you have to restart the SSH server by issuing this command :
sudo service ssh restart
Note that restarting SSH server will not disconnect existing connecting clients via SSH.
posted on 4 Jan, 2012 23:20 Sony PS Vita
Sony’s latest generation handheld device PS Vita is cracked by homebrew developers ( first cracked by hacker teck4 ) ; homebrew software made for PlayStation Portable (PSP) is now able to run in PS Vita , via built-in PSP Emulator .
Able to run homebrew software means that all kinds of custom software, including firmware patcher can now be developed & deployed to PS Vita .Read more for videos .
posted on 30 Dec, 2011 16:50 iPhone Apps
As you may know weather information can be shown in Notification Center after unlocking the screen . If you didn’t jailbreak your phone , it is nearly impossible to show weather in lock screen . But now , an app named Lock Screen Weather did the trick and successfully passed through iPhone App Approval process .
How they work it out ? Read more for details .
posted on 26 Nov, 2011 10:58 Sony PS Vita
Next generation handheld entertainment device, successor of PlayStation Portable, PS Vita will start pre-sale at 11am on 26 Nov 2011. Official price of PS Vita is $2,280 ( Wi-Fi ) / $2,780 ( 3G ) . However, pre-sale requires gamers to buy a bundled game as well as the accessory pack. The final price for 3G model is around $3,380 to $3,480 ( Wi-Fi model is around $2,880 to $2,980 ), depends on the bundled game chosen.
There are 3 games to choose from bundle list :
- Uncharted : Golden Abyss
- Shin Sangoku Musou NEXT ( a.k.a. Dynasty Warriors NEXT )
- Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
You may notice that if you navigate to Photo Stream in Photos in iOS 5 , you cannot delete any photo. How to remove the photos uploaded to Photo Stream ?
First of all , let’s learn what Photo Stream is.
Photo Stream , as a feature of iCloud , iOS 5 and Mac OS X , can backup all photos you saved in Camera Roll of iPhone to other computers / devices that installed iCloud . However , you cannot delete a single photo ; instead , you can only reset the Photo Stream .
Read more to find out how to remove the photos .